In this technologically advanced era, Dell manufactures superior quality laptops with advanced specifications. Dell always provides the best quality laptops to users. Dell has earned a good reputation among users. Sometimes users face some difficulties while resetting the Dell laptop. Many Dell users often face this problem. Here in this article, we are going to explain how to reset Dell laptop in brief. So if you encounter any problem while resetting the Dell laptop, then you need to follow the below article. This will help you to fix your issues within a very short time without any help of any tech-expert. Let’s begin the process.
Why Do You Need To Reset Dell Laptop?
Know the issues before going to the resetting procedure:
- After the installation of some new applications in the system, it is not working in a proper way.
- The system is not working correctly and you do not know the exact reasons behind it.
- For going back to the clean Microsoft version of Windows.
- You want to go back to the way Dell shipped the device to you.
How To Reset Dell Laptop:
The users of Windows 10 can reset the Dell laptops by using the Settings menu. If you are using Windows 7, then be careful about few points. After the reset, the system will erase the hard drive of the laptop. So before going to the resetting procedure, you need to back up the data of your system.
For The Users Of Windows 10:
- To open the Start menu move the cursor on the left bottom corner of the display and hit on the Start menu.
- Look at the lower left pane of the Start menu; you will see a gear-shaped Setting icon. Hit on it.
- Click on the option Update and Security which you will find at the bottom of the Setting Window.
- Navigate to the left pane of the Window and hit on the Recovery tab.
- Hit on the Get Started option. At the top pane of the display, you will find the option.
- At the bottom of the Window, select the option ‘Remove Everything.’
- Now click on the ‘Remove Files And Clean The Driver.’
- When the Windows prompt the Reset option, Click on it. Now the Windows will start to erase the hard disk. This can take a long time. So you need to keep patience.
For The Users Of Windows 7:
- Navigate to the Start menu. Click on Shut down option to turn off the system.
- Press the power button of the laptop to turn on the system.
- Repeatedly press the F8 button. If nothing happens by pressing the F8 key, then you need to restart the system again.
- Click on the option Repair Your Computer. Go to the upper pane of the screen with the help of the arrow key. Now click on the Enter key.
- When the Windows prompt the Next option, then Click on it.
- When the system prompts to enter the password, then you have to enter the password in the proper field. Hit on OK.
- Hit on the System Image Recovery option. You will find the option on the middle pane of the Windows.
- Hit on the drop-down menu of the ‘Dell Factory Image’ to choose the option Factory Image.
- Move the cursor to the bottom pane of the Window and hit on the Next.
- Tick on the ‘Confirm that you want to erase the hard drive’ box and click on the OK button. After completing the confirmation, you need to reset the system. The laptop will start to clean the hard disk.
A Quick Guide To Reset The Dell Laptop:
AT first, insert a CD or a USB device into the laptop. Then copy all the programs, files, and photos you want to store before reinstalling the laptop. Otherwise, all the data will be lost after the reset.
Close all the browser which are opened on the Windows and restart the device.
When the monitor prompts the ‘dell.com’ at the top of the screen, hit the Ctrl and F11 both at the same time from the keyboard. As a result, it will open the Windows screen then you made a mistake while pressing the keys. Then you need to turn off the laptop again try the similar step. When you find the options screen then click on ‘Restore’.
When the Windows prompts you the warning that all the data might be lost then click on the Confirm option. You will be asked to confirm whether you really want to reset the laptop. Now it will start the reset procedure to the original format. Wait for some time.
Hit on the Finish button after completing the reset process. After that, the laptop will restart automatically. Do not interfere in the boot-up process by hitting any key.
Hit on the ‘Yes’ button when the Windows want to restart the system again. Now the laptop will get back to its original state.
When you find the ‘End User License Agreement’ on display, then hit on the ‘I Agree’ option. The restore screen will appear again. After that, the system will restart.
Hit on the ‘Next’ button. Now you will find the ‘System Restore’ screen. Again after the second restart hit on the OK button. You have now completed the resetting process and the Dell laptop will be back to the original factory setting state.
In the above guideline, we have discussed all possible solutions to factory reset Dell laptop. These steps are too easy to perform. If you successfully implement the above steps, then it will definitely help you to resolve your problem. In case, you face any difficulty while performing the above methods, then you can contact with the support team of the Laptop Repair Dubai. UAE Technicians are efficient to help you properly within a very short time.