Laptops have changed the way of our working entirely. From personal to professional work, we depend on them for every aspect of our work. But it is possible that your device may get infected with a virus or malware. Cyber attacks are a brutal reality of the digital world. Sometimes a simple hardware failure can also halt your work. Similarly, one of the reason due to which your system can collapse is boot disk error. Several reasons can lead you to such issues like incorrect boot order, partitions issues or a hard disk failure. Usually, due to lack of knowledge, users are not aware that they can fix this problem on their own. With simple steps, you can have your laptop back into proper working shape within a few time. The methods which we will depict here applies to Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7.
Following is the detailed information of the steps for three methods through which you can resolve boot disk error. Here you have to keep in mind that every step is performed correctly without any loopholes.
Change Boot Order Settings of Acer laptop
It is essential to set boot order settings so that you can remove the error without any difficulty. A hard disk is the one which should be the first boot device in your system. Whichever option you keep in the first place when designing the settings of the system has the first boot priority. If your computer or laptop has other settings, then make sure you have the hard disk as the first device in your boot priority list. Here you have to choose that hard drive which contains the operating system of the equipment. Below are the steps for checking the boot order.
- Step 1. Reboot your system
- Step 2. Enter the BIOS settings
- Step 3. Go to the Boot tab
- Step 4. Here, by changing the boot order settings, you can make the hard drive as your first boot device
- Step 5. After making changes, save the settings
- Step 6. Then again reboot your device
Sometimes a boot error can show up due to an ill-chosen status of partitions in the system. If your primary partition is not set to “active,” then this issue can crop up. To resolve this problem, you are required to set the status as “active” which is done by using “diskpart.” It will run the necessary commands to fix the issue. Following are the steps which you need to follow.
- Step 1. Insert the Windows installation media (DVD or USB flash drive) and boot your Acer laptop system with the help of these tools.
- Step 2. Go to the system recovery options or troubleshoot and click on “Command Prompt.”
- Step 3. Here a dialogue box will open where you have to enter a command “diskpart” and then click “Enter.”
- Step 4. After entering the command, type “select disk 0” and press “Enter.”
- Step 5. Then you have to type “list partition” and proceed further by pressing “Enter.”
- Step 6. Write “select partition 1” and press “Enter.”
- Step 7. Here you have to type “active” which is a final step and press “Enter.”
After concluding this process, the primary partition will be set to active. To make sure that the issue is solved, you have to restart your Acer laptop.
The third method is for repairing corrupted boot files. These files can also trigger this error, such as damaged “boot configuration data” and “mater boot record.” By following further steps, you can repair this data on your own.
- Step 1. First, you have to insert the boot disk and boot your device.
- Step 2. After the boot process is complete, then select the language as well as the region, and then click “repair your computer.”
- Step 3. If your system is working on Windows 10 version (or Windows 8.1, Windows 8) installation media, then select “Troubleshoot” and then opt for “Command Prompt.”
- Step 4. If your system recovery option is Windows 7 installation media, then select Windows 7 as the operating system and click “Next.”
- Step 5. After selecting the operating system click “Command Prompt.”
- Step 6. When command prompt opens up, then you are required to type the following lines one by one by pressing “Enter” after each input. If the system asks you to add a new installation to boot list, then opt for Y and press “Enter.”
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /scanos
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Step 6. Shut down the command prompt window and reboot your system after that.
It is mandatory that the steps which are described above should be followed in the same way so that the problem can be fixed without any hassle.
If Boot Disk Error of your Acer Laptop is still not resolving the call to our Acer repair services centre in Dubai or call us @ 0557503724.