Mac devices are most preferred for their portability. But in the middle of your work, suddenly you notice that the Mac sound is not working properly. When no sound is coming from your Mac device, it can be frustrating. You Mac sound is not working issue can occur due to several reasons such as faulty audio drivers, problems with the Mac device speaker. Hence, you might find a red light beside the headphone jack or the volume controls are grayed out.
When you encounter the problem, without wasting any time you need to fix it instantly. Before going to any Apple services center, apply these troubleshooting methods in order to resolve the problem on your own. To get the sound back, just follow the instructions below. You can apply the methods no matter what Mac model you are using.
Related Post:- Macbook Repair Dubai
Try These Methods When your Mac Sound is Not Working:
Is no sound coming through your Mac device? Don’t panic. It is not only a hardware problem but can also be caused due to software problems as well. In this post, we will provide some of the best tried and tested tricks to help you get rid of this situation.
Fix 1: Check Sound on Different Apps
When you encounter this annoying issue, check whether the problem occurs for all the applications such as Youtube, Spotify, etc.
In case you found that there is only an application you did not get the sound, then this particular application should be blamed. Next, you need to update or uninstall the application from your Mac device.
If no, then apply the next solution.
Fix 2: Disconnect External Speakers
Most of the time, you might encounter the problem when you connect any external speaker on your device. Hence, disconnect the external speaker and then check. Otherwise, move to the next section.
Fix 3: Check the Audio Settings
According to the users, no sound in the Mac problem arises when the audio settings are not properly set. Hence, check the audio settings and to do so, apply the steps described in the section below.
- At first, click on the System Preference icon from the dock and then, click on the Sound icon.
- Now, click on the Output tab and then select the Internal Speakers. Adjust the Output Volume slider from right to left and check whether you are listening to the sound or not.
- Also, check the Mute section. If the box corresponding to the Mute is checked, then there is a possibility that you do not get any sound from your device.
After doing so, check whether the problem gets resolved.
Fix 4: Turn Off Bluetooth
Some of the people often reported that after turning off the Bluetooth on their device, they are able to fix the problem. Hence, to disable the Bluetooth on your device, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
First, navigate to the System Preference section and select the Bluetooth option. Now, check whether the Bluetooth is turned on or not.
- If yes, then turn off the Bluetooth by adjusting the toggle switch and exit from the tab.
- If no, then proceed to the next solution and close all the tabs.
If the problem appears due to the Bluetooth, then you can surely solve this problem after applying these steps.
Fix 5: Create a Testing Account on Safe Mode
If the above methods are not able to resolve the problem then, you need to create a testing account after turning the system on Safe Mode.
Here is the process to apply so:
- First of all, shut down your device and then hold the Shift key and press the Power button to enter Safe Mode. Do not release the Shift key until the Apple logo will pop up on the system screen.
- Thereafter, move to the System Preferences section and then click on the Users & Groups section.
- After that, select the Lock icon and then click on the Add icon. If any password is asked, then, enter the password appropriately
- Afterward, choose the Administrator under the New Account option. Now, enter your full name along with the other details on the respective position. Then, click on the Create User option. Set the password. And click on the Close button. Lastly, restart the system. And you have successfully created a new user account.
Now, play any song in your device through your account and check to see if the problem persists or not.
Fix 6: Update the Mac OS
If all the above solutions have failed to resolve the problem then, you need to update the Mac operating system. This is the ultimate solution to this problem. This is a time-taking process and should have a stable internet connection on your device. Go through the steps mentioned in the section below.
- Click on the App Store section and then move to the Updates section. Now, check whether you are using an updated version of Mac OS or not.
- In case you found any update is pending then, click on the download button to get the latest version of the Mac OS.
- When the downloading process gets finished, install it on your device. After installing the updated version of the Mac OS, restart the system and now, you have surely fixed the problem.
Hopefully, when you have a question on your mind that What to do if your Mac sound is not working, then read on these solutions and apply them accordingly. You do not have to apply all the methods, read on them carefully, and then choose which one is convenient for you.