You are a lover of social networks and in particular, you have an unbridled passion for Instagram, a photographic social network that shows you every day your talent in making photos from your smartphone to tell your life an image. Just because of your constant use of the social network, you’d like to know if you can create a page on Instagram with the aim of giving greater emphasis and professionalism to your shots.
Well, if that’s the case, you must first know that Instagram, despite being purchased from Facebook, has different features and tools than the latter. While on Facebook you can make a clear separation between profile and page, so it does not happen on Instagram. All Instagram users, in fact, can turn their personal profile at any time into a business profile, thus having access to some additional features. This way, you do not configure separate management like Facebook. Following the transition to the company profile, your Instagram profile will be provided with additional features.
That being said, if the topic in question is of interest to you and would like to know how to proceed, I suggest you take some minutes of free time to devote yourself to reading this tutorial. I’ll explain you step by step how to turn your Instagram personal profile into a business profile and I’ll also give you some general advice on how you can succeed in your intent to have a successful Instagram page. All clear? Yup? Well then, let’s move on. As usual, I wish you a good read.
How to Create a Facebook Page (Preliminary Procedure)
If your goal is to have a business Instagram profile, and then get access to a range of image and profile analysis tools, you’ll first need to create a Facebook page, which possesses a mandatory requirement.
If you already have a Facebook page, you can safely go to the next paragraph where I’ll explain how you should proceed to link it to your Instagram profile and switch to your business account. Otherwise, if you need precise instructions on how to create a Facebook page, find everything explained below.
The first thing to do to create a Facebook page is to connect to the social network from PC. You can also create a Facebook page from smartphones, but I think the easiest procedure to do is what I am about to point you to and that requires a PC browser.
As a result, connect to the social network login page and sign in with your details (email or phone number and password). Then press the Login button to log in to Facebook.
Once you have successfully accessed the social network of Mark Zuckerberg, place your mouse over the blue bar at the top of Facebook and click the down arrow button; you will find it near the button with the question mark symbol ( ? ). From the drop-down menu that appears, click the Create a Page item.
Through the next screen, you will first need to indicate the macro category belonging to the Facebook page you want to create. You have the following categories available:
- Local company or place;
- Company, organization or institution;
- Brand or product;
- Artist, musical group or public character;
- Cause or community;
The categories are very important because based on the same Facebook will target the interested users to your Facebook page. Specifically, going to analyze each of the above categories, first of all, reference is made to local businesses that have a physical location, companies, organizations or general institutions.
The Brand or Product page is for those who offer a specific product. For example, if you are a passionate photographer for Instagram, I suggest you create a page that represents your character as a public figure, while for community organizations there is a special category related to a cause or community.
If you are unsure of which category is right for your Facebook page, click on a category macro; you will open a drop-down menu from which you will then have to choose the subcategory. In order to continue creating the Facebook page, you will have to have both indicated them and then assigned a name to the page itself.
Run these steps to start the Facebook Wizard by clicking the blue Start button. Then I invite you to follow the social network directions that will help you fill out the various information about the Facebook page you created.
If I had any doubt about how to proceed, refer to the specific help I’ve created on the topic, titled How to Create a Facebook Page.
How to Link a Facebook Page to Instagram
Once you’ve created the Facebook page, you’ll need to follow the instructions below: I’ll explain how to link it to your Instagram account.
By doing this you will be able to complete all the steps that will allow you to have a business type Instagram account. The benefits of this change are mainly due to the ability to access Instagram’s Insight tool (profiles and posts), the ability to link to stories (only for those with at least 10,000 followers) and the ability to promoting Instagram images (for a fee).
To link the Facebook page to your Instagram profile, you will need to act on smartphones. Then open the social networking application on your Android and iOS device and log in by entering your access data into the appropriate text fields.
Once you’re signed in, you first tap the button with the symbol of the man in the lower right corner. Once you are in the profile screen, tap the button with the symbol (…) or the button with the gear symbol. The first button is in the Instagram application on Android, and the second is in the social networking application on iOS devices.
Via the next screen, then tap Enter a business profile (you can see it in the Account entry ). At this point, you will need to follow carefully the procedure I’m going to point you to from the private Instagram profile to the business one.
All you have to do to complete this procedure is to press the Continue button four times in succession. Then tap the Select Page page and tap the checkmark on the previously created Facebook page. Continue through the profile customization wizard and end the procedure by pressing the Next button and then clicking Finish.
In this way, you have completed the link and your Instagram profile has been transformed into a “business page”. At this point, if you’d like to know more about the opportunities offered by the Instagram statistics tool, read my guide dedicated to the subject.
How to create a successful page on Instagram
Once you’ve moved from the Instagram personal profile to your business, you can start implementing some strategy to increase the number of followers. I want to give you some guidelines on how to create a successful “page” within the popular social networking network.
- Choose the content to be published: The first thing to do is to establish an editorial plan for your Instagram profile. Choose the type of content you want to publish and try to keep your profile active, with at least one post per day. Do not forget to use all of Instagram’s tools: do not just share photos, even create videos, publish stories to engage your users and, from time to time, make direct.
- Find a unique style : Instagram is a photographic social network where the content that is mainly due to their distinctive presence is a success. To become famous on Instagram, you need to create your own style so that the photos posted on your profile will be of first impression. To do this, rely on photo editing tools or use Instagram filters to personalize the shots you make. Your goal is to be as original as possible.
- Use hashtags : do not underestimate the importance of hashtags. On Instagram, the use of hashtags is absolutely crucial, as these allow you to categorize images and make them appear in the Instagram internal search engine. You can enter up to 30 hashtags within the description of the published photo, but remember to put only the hashtag related to the published content. To find the hashtags to be published suggest you use the website Top Hashtags , the site Websta, or the application available for Android and iOS Tags for Likes .
- Interact users : Do not forget that the first step to get you noticed is the interaction between users. The most used Instagram interaction tool is I like it, but I suggest you comment on the photos of the followers on Instagram. If you start interacting with the community, writing honest appreciation comments, I am sure that, in the long run, you will be able to establish relationships with followers and even with your followers. You can also use the private message tool to write a personal thank you message to those who will follow you. Interaction is the key to success, as you will prove to be not just an Instagram profile that publishes its content to become famous, but a real person with interests and passions.