Technical gadgets such as Laptops, irrespective of the brands and models, will show occasional glitches. However, we have put together the most common and frequent Laptop bugs in this article. Also, we have discussed the easiest fixes to resolve these problems.
Hopefully, by the end, we shall be enlightened by these suggestions. Without wasting much time, let’s get started.
The Common Problems And Their Solutions
The following list is prepared by keeping in mind the most common problems that users have faced. The solutions are recommended by experts. Hence, go through the list and find the problem that’s bugging you. And, get rid of it.
Problem 1: Loud Fan Or Heating Up Followed By Shut Down
One of the most common errors which you can face while using a laptop repair is a Loud fan or heating up or shutting down. Once you face this kind of error then don’t worry with the help of several steps, you will fix the issue. Follow the instructions carefully.
Reasons And Solutions:
If your hardware is working more than usual, you may encounter this kind of error. To troubleshoot the loud fan error, at first, you have to clean up the system fan. If the error persists after performing the steps, then try to follow the steps given below.
Method 1: Check Task Manager
Go to the Windows Task Manager and perform the steps mentioned below.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the task manager.
- Tap or click on the Processes tab.
- Once you invoke in the process tab, click on the CPU column, to see the CPU usage against the programs.
- If you noticed that the CPU usages are more than 25%, then try to stop those programs quickly.
If the error still persists, then try to follow the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Update The BIOS
If you are using an outdated version of BIOS, then you may encounter this kind of error with your laptop. So, in that case, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the latest version of BIOS. This will troubleshoot the particular error. If the error persists after performing the steps, then go for the next step.
Method 3: Replace Thermal Pads
If you have replaced your processor or system board, then you won’t be able to replace the thermal pads. As a result, now you are facing this kind of errors with your device. So, replace the thermal grease or thermal pads.
Now, let’s focus on the next common error given below.
Problem 2: Laptop Running Slowly
Due to many reasons, your laptop may run slowly. It is another error which you can encounter while using any laptop. Follow the steps given below to fix the issue on a quick note.
Method 1: Close Unnecessary Programs
You can fix a slow laptop issue by turning off unnecessary programs. In that case, close all of the unneeded programs using the steps mentioned below.
- Open the task manager by pressing the Windows logo key and X at the same time.
- Now, you have to check the most used programs in your device. To check it, click on the CPU column header.
- After that, a reshorted list will display the worst offenders at the top. Now, delete the unnecessary files, which is lagging your device.
- After discovering the infected programs, shut down and boost up your PC.
After performing the steps, check the status of the error. If it’s still there, then focus on the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Reduce The Back Ground Running Programs
If too many programs are running in the background of the system, then you may encounter this kind of error with your device. In that case, go through with the next step mentioned below.
- To open system configuration Window, press the Windows + R at the same time, Run dialog box will open.
- After that, in this box type “msconfig” and hit Enter to continue.
- Now, go to the Startup tab and tap on the Open Task Manager window.
- After this step, clcik on the disable options, against those programs which you don’t want to run.
You shall fix this issue after completing this step. If the error persists then focus on the next step mentioned below.
Problem 3: Turn Off Unnecessary Visual Effects
You can also try to turn off some visual effects to fix the issue on a quick note. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- On your keyboard, focus on the Windows logo key + S at the same time.
- Search Window will open.
- Now, type the Optimize visual display and then click on the appropriate search results.
- After that, try to scroll down the page and make the box against, Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible) be checked.
- After that, click on the Apply option and then Click OK to save the changes.
If this error persists then delete some temporary files with your system memory.
Method : Clear Temporary Files
You can also try to clear temporary files rom your memory to fix this issue.
- In your keyboard, tap on the Windows logo key + R at the same time to open the Run dialogue box.
- In that box, type %temp% and hit Enter to continue.
- Now, press ctrl+ A to select all the files at the same time and tap on the Delete key to delete all of those files.
After deleting all temporary files, the issue should get resolved.
Problem 4: Battery Doesn’t Last
In some cases, you may notice that your battery is not lasting. In that case, follow the simple hacks to improve your battery life.
Hack 1: Dim The Screen Brightness
Dim your screen’s brightness to increase your battery time. For that, go to the search option by pressing Windows key + R at the same time. After that, in the search box type “Adjust screen brightness”. After that, you will be able to see an option to adjust the screen brightness. Try to lower the brightness.
Hack 2: Change The Power Settings
You can also try to change the power settings to troubleshoot this issue on a quick note. To perform this action go to the control panel from the search menu. After that, focus on the section named power options. In that case, tick the radio button against, power saver mode. After that, you will be able to change the power settings options as power saver. It will also help you to increase your battery life.
Hack 3: Don’t Leave Your Printer In The Permanent Charge
To increase your battery life, it is recommended not to leave your laptop on a permanent charge. In that case, connect your printer with the power outlet after getting a low battery signal. It will enhance your battery life.
Problem 5: No Internet Issue
You can also encounter a no internet issue with your laptop. In such cases, you should try to follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 1: Confirm You Have Internet Connection
Establish a proper internet connection. In that case, reset your router or reconnect the wire of LAN. If you are facing this error inspite of having a good internet connection, try to focus on the next method given below.
Method 2: Reboot Your PC
Reboot your PC to fix this issue. In this case, try to turn off your PC and turn it on again. After performing these steps, you will be able to fix this issue on your own.
Now, let’s focus on the last but the most common error which you may encounter while using a laptop.
Problem 6: Black Screen Error
The black screen is one of the most common error that you may encounter while using a laptop. You can troubleshoot this error with the help of some simple hacks. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
Method 1: Restart The explorer.exe Process
To fix this issue, at first, start the explorer.exe process using the steps mentioned below.
- To open the task manager, press the Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc on your keyboard at the same time.
- After that, clcik on the details tab.
- You will be able to see an option named “explorer.exe“.
- Now, clcik on the End Task or End process option to discontinue the service.
If the error persists after performing this action, then focus on the next method given below.
Method 2: Perform A Hard Reset
Perform a hard reset to fix this issue on your own. In that case, try to focus on the mentioned steps.
- Turn your laptop off.
- Disconnect all connected device.
- Remove the battery.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Now, try to press and hold the power button for some time.
- After that, connect the battery of your laptop and turn it on again.
After this process, you will be definitely able to fix this issue on an easy note.
Hopefully, the hacks and tricks have helped you a lot to perform the troubleshooting process. If you have any further queries, leave feedback in the comment section below.