Would you like to add a custom background music for that nice video shot during the summer holidays but you do not have the computer at your fingertips and mobile phones do you really know how to do it? Would you like to make a jingle for the party you are planning to organize and would you like to know if there are any resources available directly from your smartphone or tablet? Then I would just say that you’ve come to the right track at the right time. With this article of today I intend to illustrate all those that in my opinion represent the best apps to create music bases because, believe me, there are really many of them.
Whether you have an Android device or an iOS device makes no difference, such applications exist for both platforms, both free and paid. These are also resources that can be used by the most experienced in this field but also by amateurs and grass music composers. In short, as you can see, you will find the solution that best suits your needs, whatever they are.
Then? Do you want to get into the living of the matter and put the chatter aside? Yes? Great! I therefore suggest not to lose any other precious time and to immediately begin to focus on what to do. Get comfortable, grab your smartphone or tablet and follow the tips and instructions below. I’m sure you will finally be happy and satisfied. Good reading and good fun.
Music Maker Jam (Android / iOS)
The first of the apps to create music basics that I want to advise you to try is Music Maker Jam . Have not you ever heard of it? Strange, it’s one of the most famous in the category. However, there is no problem, we can remedy it immediately. This is an application dedicated to electronic music lovers, beautiful user interface and easy to use, both by industry experts and not. It also integrates a special section that allows you to share compositions created with other users. It’s free (but offers in-app purchases to add more content) and is available for both Android and iOS .
To use it, first download and install the app on your device after clicking and clicking on Start Now and Jump to access all available tools. By tapping on the Logging in option, and by following the suggested instructions, you can also create a free account by which, as I have anticipated a few lines up, you can share your music creations with users using the application.
To do this, first select the tools to use part of the selected style packages by pressing the + (plus symbol) buttons on the right then clicking the Play button on the bottom left to start listening. Using the control bars at the center of the screen, you can also change the audio levels of each music instrument, and by unchecking the individual instruments and effects icons that are down, you can exclude them from playback as well as from composition.
Use the menu on the left to customize your creation: by pressing the wavy lineicon you can adjust the volume and intensity of the sounds by clicking on the icon with the microphone you can record compositions and sounds while taping on the symbol of the musical note can change the tone of the various sounds.
When you’re satisfied with the result, click on the Save Project option you can call by tap on the three horizontal line symbol located on the other right to save the changes you made.
Finally, tell me one of the most interesting features of this app: the one that lets you remix the songs simply by shaking your device. To turn it on, tap the button with the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner, and from the menu that opens, tap the Shake to Shuffle option to blink and then shake your device to remix the song you’re working on .
Ninja Jam (Android / iOS)
Another app that I want to advise you to try is Ninja Jam . It is free (but offers in-app purchases) and is available for both Android and iOS . It is a bit more complex to use than the above resource but nothing that is out of reach of most. The app is based on pre-recorded samples that once selected and searched can be modified as desired.
To use it, download it immediately on your device after installing and installing it. On the screen that is displayed, select which of the already ready-made album packs you prefer among the available ones, listen to a preview by tapping on the big Play button on the left and, if you’re convinced, hang on the Play Jam button that is down to serve.
At this point, you can finally begin to break into the composition of your music base. On the left side of the screen you will find the various tools you can activate or deactivate as needed simply by pressing the corresponding button and its loops and you can use it in clip or drill mode by pressing the button on the bottom left.
Always down, there are all the various effects you can apply with the options below, the time counter, and the REC button to start composing recording, and you can adjust the playback speed by the BMP button at the top .
Walk Band – Studio Musicale (Android)
Another resource definitely worthy of being included in an article dedicated to apps to create music bases is Walk Band – Studio Musicale . It’s a free Android-only resource that lets you play piano, beat, drum and guitar to compose your own music without even knowing anything about notes and pentagrams. It has a nice interface and supports MIDI keyboards that are connected via a USB socket.
To use it, download, install and start the app then select the tool you want to use among the various available ( Keyboard , Guitar , Drum Kit etc.), tap on the OK button at the bottom right and start creating your music base by playing as you would in reality.
In the top part of the screen you find the various commands available. There is the metronome, the REC button to record and save your creations, the complete tool from which you can select the action section, the button to change the mode you are using, the one to enable and define the type of labels on notes to use, that’s to change the type of instrument.
Along the top right of the screen, on the right, there is a three-line horizontalbutton where you can access additional app options and app settings and list of recordings that you can import ).
Use an iPhone or iPad and look for an app to create alternative music basics as I’ve already told you? Well, then you should really turn to GarageBand , the powerful and well-known Apple application that can be downloaded free of charge on the devices of the company itself. It offers users plenty of tools of all kinds (drums, guitar, piano, etc.) that can be customized, offering the ability to use Live Loops to create music in a very simple way. So why not try it right away?
To download, download, install, and start the application on your device, then click on the + button (plus symbol) at the top right and tap the Live Loops tab if you want to create a music base as well as a DJ or Pig on the Tracks tab and choose one of the available tools ( keyboard , Percussion , Strings , Bass , Guitar , Ethnic , Drummer etc.) to create your own background music playing virtually individual instruments.
At the top of the screen you will be shown at this point, you will find all the various commands available to make customizations to your composition, to change the tool you are using, to change the volume, to record sounds, and so on.
You can also record your music creations by tapping the REC button (circular red color) always placed in the top part of the app’s screen. When recording ends, save the composition by taping the gray button up and then pressing on My tracks . In My songs section , press and hold down the composition preview until it starts to rock, then tap on the arrow icon on the top left and select Add to iCloud Drive to save the track to iCloud Drive.
If you want, you can also connect a real tool directly to your device and play by keeping track of what is done directly by GarageBand and making any changes to the case. To do this, select the Amplifier option on the app’s main screen and connect the music tool to the device with the adapter.
More apps to create music bases
Did the apps create music basics I’ve talked about did not convince you in a particular way? Looking for alternative resources to the one above? No problem. Below you will find an additional list of applications for the purpose that I hope you may be interested in. Then try to find what you think might be most useful and download it right away on your device.
- Caustic 3 ( Android / iOS ) – This is one of the most popular apps for creating mobile music bases. It integrates a wide range of tools that can satisfy all tastes. Download from the Play Store is free (but offers in-app purchases to unlock some extra features), while from the App Store is payable and costs 10.99 euros.
- Audio Evolution Mobile ( Android / iOS ) – Great app that works like a sort of small recording studio. It is perfect for multitrack recording of external tools at a practically professional level. Imported sounds can then be modified with the various options and effects and can be used to create loops. From the Play Store download costs € 8.49, while from the App Store it is free but you have to make in-app purchases to use all the features.
- FL Studio Mobile ( Android / iOS ) – the Mobile counterpart of the well-known computer program through which you can create incredible projects exploit the “standard” sound and effects catalog. Among tuners, MIDI controllers, keyboards and more is definitely one of the most interesting tools currently on the square for the smartphone and tablet side. On Play Store costs € 17.99, while on App Store the price is € 14.99.
- Cross DJ ( Android / iOS ) – Looking for an app that lets you mix two tracks together like a real DJ? You found it! With this cost-free resource, you can create custom remixes by adding filters, turning on automatic mixing and more.
- SoundCamp ( Android ) – An application developed by Samsung, as easy to guess, on Samsung Audio technology, which offers a variety of tools for recording, mixing, and editing up to 8 tracks. It is free but can only be installed on the terminals of the known company.
- Drum Pads 24 – Music Maker ( Android ) – A good app that allows you to create bass and rhythm laps using a grid of buttons to tap and play. You can, therefore, create fantastic music basics in an extremely simple way. Free.
- Korg Gadget ( iOS ) – Great app for producing electronic music. It offers a collection of over 20 synthesizers that can play any type of sound. It also features a special interface that allows you to concentrate on what you are doing without distractions.
- Beatwave ( iOS ) – One of the simplest and most intuitive apps in circulation to create music bases. It comes with a grid of bright squares and after choosing the initial sound set, depending on how you move, you can play arpeggios, chords and more. Free (but with in-app purchases).